[wdvltalk-social] RWC

edc_quik@ihug.co.nz edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Sat Sep 10 05:31:39 BST 2011

Up to game three at the moment, Rugby Heaven!

Sigh, I have had to be utterly ruthless with the set top box, deleting a lot of my saved programmes and still I am going to run out
of space

Free hard drive space : 87% and declining, game three in progress.

The All Blacks were lucky they were playing Tonga in the opening match, 30 + mistakes, including 13 penalties conceded, they would
have been done like a dog's dinner if they had been playing a major team, still it was good to get the show on the road, the opening
ceremony provided a national catharsis after the events of the last twelve months.....

Some trivia:

USA play Russia at New Plymounth next week, some USA supporters are sporting T-shirts saying"bring it on - WW III"

Electronic card transactions [ credit + eftpos ] declined 0.5% the month before the start of the RWC, kiwis saving up for the party!

Romania nearly caused an upset in game two against Scotland, but lost in the end by a two try margin, but received a standing
ovation from the crowd at the end of the game

Rugby followers in the USA are complaining bitterly that NBC is only showing the US games and the semi and final matches..They
should have made the trip here, games are live across four channels

Michael Ensor, Wellington, N.Z.