[wdvltalk-social] OT ;-) coldfusion

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Thu May 8 00:18:44 BST 2008

From: "Christina Lannen"

> ColdFusion hosting is almost always more expensive than
> standard Linux or
> Windows hosting.
>
> I don't know if there are any ColdFusion CMS's out there, but
> there probably
> are.
>
> Personally, I'd go the WP route.  Lots and lots of support,
> plugins and just
> plain development.
>
> A few WP sites I have done are:
>
> http://www.stcroixfoodandwine.com
> http://www.stxfoundation.org
> http://www.movedtostcroix.com
> http://www.totallytops.com (ecommerce part is
> ecommercetemplates)
>
> And of course my own site is completely WP.
>
> And a whole lot more of them.
>
> Christina Lannen
> Lannen Designs
> Professional Web Solutions
> Domain Name Registration and Hosting
> http://www.lannendesigns.com/

I am coming to this conclusion.   I have had a year in which my
sites have been allowed to expire, but I am now working on some
ideas that will, hopefully, start a fair bit of activity.

I'll be having a look at your sites ;-).

Joseph

PS I get the impression coldfusion is suited to large complex
sites.