[wdvltalk-social] spelling bee buzzing in my head

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Fri May 9 15:37:59 BST 2008

If it is possible to have a spellchecker, then it surely is possible to have an alternative spelling checker.

Seeing loose for lose, their - there - or they're used in a ways that are neither here nor there, apostrophe's appearing and diappearing in some random greengrocer's craze, and so on, drives me mad and makes me cringe deep inside.

A simple program to pick up these and to offer the alternatives *and their correct use' seems feasible.   Either there is one and I've missed it, or it needs writing.

Any thoughts?   ;-)  And of course I am referring to proper English...

Joseph