[wdvltalk-social] broadband woes

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu May 1 16:45:44 BST 2008

joseph harris wrote:
>> Do you have the correct VPI + VCI values?  (These are the path
>> + circuit
>>  identifiers; here in the UK they're 0, 38 - but they may vary
>> where
>> you are.

> Well, so far as I know Ken hasn't yet declared The Independent
> State of Londistan, so I think I'm still i nthe UK  ;-) - that
> may change after today of course....

Whoops - for some reason I had it in my head that you were in Oz...
where'd I get that idea?  D'oh :)

> Yes I have the values, but strangely we almost abandoned the
> whole thing and looked round for a cat to kick, when, suddenly,
> it was working perfectly in the very early hours this am!   So
> there seems to have been some problem at their server, even
> though it was pinging..

Ahh, glad to hear it's working now.  Could have been anything, from a
failure of BT's kit in the exchange, BT's backhaul network, or parts of
your ISP's kit or network... they move in mysterious ways :)

Cheers

Dave P