[wdvltalk-social] am I being scammed

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Mon Mar 17 09:17:50 GMT 2008

I am changing my old jalopy for another old jalopy.   I have put an ad in Ad-Mart online.

So far it has got two replies, both in poor english, and I smell a possible scam.   [one gmail address, the other yahoo.com]    Photos have been asked for and I will make sure the registration number is not visible...

I have agreed to hold the car till Wednesday for one so I have a breather to consult...

Has anyone specific advice on spotting this [like saying they will pay by check when old jalopies usually pass for cash - unless they are old enough to be 'vintage'  ;-)].

Any comments, experience, advice welcome.

Joseph Harris