[wdvltalk-social] OT ;-) Can't upload to localhost

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Mon Jul 7 11:43:53 BST 2008

Quoting joseph harris <smilepoet at vfemail.net>:

> I'm sure I haven't forgotten that much...
>
> I have [for the third time] installed EasyPHP2 - apache, mysql and
> php.   I have unzipped Wordpress and tried to upload first with
> Smartftp and now with Coreftp.
>
> The result seems to be that while the socket and port are located,
> the server does not respond.   the coreftp message is:
> Connect socket #428 to 127.0.0.1, port 80...
> Can't establish connection --> 127.0.0.1:80 @ Mon Jul 07 10:54:46
> 2008   (0-38)
>
> And variations of this have been occuring during all my attempts.
> I can't believe I had a working server, website and wordpress on
> localhost years back, and can't now put in updated versions....
>
> ...How has it all gone wrong...?   ;-)

Ummm, if it's localhost - i.e. the machine that you are typing all the
commands on - why are you using FTP?

Why not just copy the files from the unzipped directory to
C:\blah\foo\apache2\root or whatever the easy php web root is?

Also, FTP probably won't wotk on port 80 - that's a webserver.  Try
port 21 instead...

Cheers,

M.

--