[wdvltalk-social] OT ;-) Can't upload to localhost

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Mon Jul 7 11:06:06 BST 2008

I'm sure I haven't forgotten that much...

I have [for the third time] installed EasyPHP2 - apache, mysql and php.   I have unzipped Wordpress and tried to upload first with Smartftp and now with Coreftp.

The result seems to be that while the socket and port are located, the server does not respond.   the coreftp message is:
Connect socket #428 to 127.0.0.1, port 80...
Can't establish connection --> 127.0.0.1:80 @ Mon Jul 07 10:54:46 2008   (0-38)

And variations of this have been occuring during all my attempts.   I can't believe I had a working server, website and wordpress on localhost years back, and can't now put in updated versions....

...How has it all gone wrong...?   ;-)

Joseph Harris