[wdvltalk-social] OT ;-) Can't upload to localhost

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Mon Jul 7 12:20:28 BST 2008

From: "Matthew Macdonald-Wallace"

> Quoting joseph harris <smilepoet at vfemail.net>:
>
>> I'm sure I haven't forgotten that much...
>>
>> I have [for the third time] installed EasyPHP2 - apache, mysql
>> and
>> php.   I have unzipped Wordpress and tried to upload first
>> with
>> Smartftp and now with Coreftp.
>>
>> The result seems to be that while the socket and port are
>> located,
>> the server does not respond.   the coreftp message is:
>> Connect socket #428 to 127.0.0.1, port 80...
>> Can't establish connection --> 127.0.0.1:80 @ Mon Jul 07
>> 10:54:46
>> 2008   (0-38)
>>
>> And variations of this have been occuring during all my
>> attempts.
>> I can't believe I had a working server, website and wordpress
>> on
>> localhost years back, and can't now put in updated
>> versions....
>>
>> ...How has it all gone wrong...?   ;-)
>
> Ummm, if it's localhost - i.e. the machine that you are typing
> all the
> commands on - why are you using FTP?
>
> Why not just copy the files from the unzipped directory to
> C:\blah\foo\apache2\root or whatever the easy php web root is?
>
> Also, FTP probably won't wotk on port 80 - that's a webserver.
> Try
> port 21 instead...
>
> Cheers,
>
> M.

Hi Matt,

Port 21 wouldn't even try on smart ftp and on Core it gives the
same message as port 80.

I couldn't see an alternative instruction to 'upload' and was
thinking of the setting up of the db and tables;  but now you
have reminded me that these were set up previously by me by hand!
[C:\EasyPHP\...  ;-)]

Now all I have to do is remember how to make tables...

Many thanks, that has set me forward.

Joseph