[Dancer-users] sane error messages

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:29:06 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Mr. Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sadly, this makes Dancer (seem) more complicated than it is, and that is
> bad for Dancer. Perhaps it is time to kick out YAML.

It's not about kicking one or the other. It's about providing more options
and better defaults.
Fortunately, as I stated, Dancer 2 will allow you to pick whatever you want.

We will also make an effort to clarify where problems are. You are more
than welcome to help us with that.

> I am glad there will be options in the future, as I would promptly move to
> JSON.

I'm personally more excited about INI. It's easy to read and edit. JSON is
not for end users.

> I see absolutely no sense in using YAML with its quirkiness.

YAML provided us with something that is:
1. familiar to Perl programmers
2. easy to write
3. easy to read (for non-Perl programmers too)

However, it does indeed have quirks, and unfortunately not a single parser
who gives us what we want:
1. maintained
2. minimal overhead (memory, CPU)
3. advanced data structures

Am looking forward to the upgrade.

You're more than welcome to try and run your application on Dancer 2 right
away.
We need all the feedback we can get!

Try to use the branch "feature/sawyer_goes_nuts". It has more up-to-date
changes.