[Dancer-users] sane error messages

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:18:23 CEST 2012

On Jun 24, 2012, at 6:40 PM, sawyer x wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Mr. Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> However, there is still much to be done. Consider the error message below.
>

> Oh, we're basically against having proper or sane error messages. Insane
> error messages build character!
>

>> What it really was trying to tell me what that I had a couple of tabs in
>> my "development.yml"
>>
>> Could the error messages be made more sane by default?
>>
> ..
>
> So, unfortunately this is much less of a "Dancer problem" and more of a
> "YAML problem".

Sadly, this makes Dancer (seem) more complicated than it is, and that is bad for Dancer. Perhaps it is time to kick out YAML. I am glad there will be options in the future, as I would promptly move to JSON. I see absolutely no sense in using YAML with its quirkiness.

Am looking forward to the upgrade.

--
Puneet Kishor