[Dancer-users] Recent Build requirement breaks 5.8.x installs

Lee Carmichael leecarmichael123 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:25:24 CEST 2011

Hello,

I was in the process of upgrading to Dancer 1.3051 on one machine that
runs Perl 5.8 and it failed due to build requirement of
'Tie::Hash::NamedCapture'. This was added to Perl in 5.10.  The main
headache for me is that it broke the 'cpan install Dancer' command.
But it didn't stop me from updating dancer by hand.

I hate to be the one asking for support on an dated language version
but i guess i am :) Should I open a bug for this or is the forward
direction of Dance away from 5.8?

Thanks,

Lee