[Dancer-users] Runtime error having to do with hooks (which I don't use)

Brian E. Lozier brian at massassi.com
Thu Jun 9 16:34:33 CEST 2011

I've been happily developing my app with plackup like this:

#!/bin/bash

export DBIC_TRACE=1;
plackup -L Shotgun -MMoose -MDBIx::Class fan.pl

However, lately I've been working on the css mostly and the Shotgun
loader is slow so I just started it like this:

plackup fan.pl

Interestingly, the first request after I start it works, but any
subsequent request gives a runtime error like this:

runtime error

Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use
at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.2/Dancer/Factory/Hook.pm line
62.

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.2/Dancer/Factory/Hook.pm around line 62

59         croak("The hook '$hook_name' doesn't exists");
60     }
61
62    $_->(@args) foreach @{$self->get_hooks_for($hook_name)};
63 }
64
65 sub get_hooks_for {

Does this look familiar to anyone?  I am not using any of the hook
functionality whatsoever.  I grepped my entire codebase for the word
"hook" and didn't find any instances.  I'm digging into Dancer now but
figured someone may have seen this before.

Thanks,
Brian