[devtalk] table line deletions and diskspace

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 09:10:37 BST 2009

joseph-harris wrote:
> The main advantage for a wiki seemed to be the ease of cross
> referencing, and the ability to add information to a page.
> But I wonder if I might achieve some of this with a forum
> style or bulletin board. Is there another system that has
> ease of creating cross referencing?

Any system that allows untrusted users to add/edit content is ripe for
abuse by these selfish bastard spammers.

If you can lock it down so that only registered users can make changes,
things will be a lot better.  If you don't really want your visitors to
make changes, then all the better, disable account creation (or select
an option that means they have to be manually approved before they can
log in, or something, if that option is present), so that spammers can't
just create an account then use it to spam.