[devtalk] table line deletions and diskspace

joseph-harris Joseph-Harris at topmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 1 22:20:01 BST 2009

Many thanks Franni, David and Chrome. I've had to go out, so
I have not had a chance to try David's suggestions - though
they make sense to me for usual db work. However Franni
thank you specially for taking the trouble to search out
this reply for me, It certainly does help.

If I cannot remove a page and all its revisions at one go,
nor take material off the db when cutting out lines from
tables it leaves too much work to remove a page. When there
are thousands of revisions to roll back it becomes
pointless. I'll check if the other wikis have the same
limitation, otherwise I will replace it with something
else - straight html pages at a pinch.

The main advantage for a wiki seemed to be the ease of cross
referencing, and the ability to add information to a page.
But I wonder if I might achieve some of this with a forum
style or bulletin board. Is there another system that has
ease of creating cross referencing?

Joseph

From: "Franni"