[wdvltalk-social] RWC and othert things

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Sun Sep 11 10:28:37 BST 2011

On 11/09/2011 01:24, edc_quik at ihug.co.nz wrote:

> It's a pity that the fourth NZ side, England, had only one kiwi on the field, if they had had more on side they may have performed
> better. I was looking forward to the England v Argentine game to be the best match of the day but in fact it was without doubt
> simply the worst display of rugby on the day. The England all black strip didn't help, it looked wrong and fake.......even the UK
> Sky sports commentators were dismissive, talking about the "real" All Blacks when talking about England's dismal performance - oh
> they won, just.

Well, you know that in England it is not considered good form to
actually win at anything. [Unless we are sending th e Scots, Welsh and
Irish to deal with things like wars.] And if one team - not Gentlemen,
obviously - *must* win then all other sports teams are expected to look
inept until that fever passes. And as for trying very hard to win... I
feel faint;  of course Andy Murray is a Scot. 'Nuff said.

(Once upon a time the English Cricket team would never dream of winning.
And now it has thrown th e Bookies' plans into real disarray.)

> Trivia comment: I wonder how NBC is going to cope with the display of naked male buttocks at the start of every RWC match....... :)
>

> Michael Ensor, Wellington, N.Z.

Be on the Sports channel, won't it?

Joseph