[wdvltalk-social] Back Online

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Sep 8 07:11:56 BST 2011

/me had almost forgotten that this list existed...

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 20:24 -0500, Cheryl D Wise wrote:
> I'm quite pleased to see a little life on this list. So what's up with
> everyone?
>
> My eldest is off to university next week after getting his Eagle Scout
> (Queen's Scout for those in the UK/AU) last January.

Heh, you mean American Scouts don't swear allegiance to the Queen? You
surprise me... ;)

> Business has been quite busy keeping my husband and I traveling  and I've
> been making several cross country rides on the scoots.

Good to hear.

> My youngest has taken up guitar and is writing music but I've got another 5
> years before he goes off to uni.

Guitar is definitely the coolest instrument (yes I am biased - I'm a
guitarist and my wife fell in love with me whilst I was playing a gig in
the Student Union!).

My eldest started primary school this week (yup, that really has been
four and a half years!) and my youngest starts pre-school (Kindergarten
I guess is the closest American equivalent) next week - she's three
already!

I'm still working for a web hosting company as a Linux Systems
Administrator, but I'm looking for a new role as a Systems
Architect/Technical Consultant.

I'm amazed at the number of IT companies and consultancies which still
expect you to come to a physical location in order to do your work
(wasn't the whole point of the internet to get things done from
precisely where you weren't?) - working from home just doesn't seem to
be an option... :(

It's good to know you're all still around - I know that DaveP is still
lurking because I bumped into him on another mailing list the other
month, I'm sure he'll pop up here sooner or later... ;)

Cheers!

Matt
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace