[wdvltalk-social] humour - and old but funny piece

David Blakey davidblakey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:55:16 GMT 2010

>New Zealand has also raised its security levels - from "baaa" to
>"BAAAA!". Due to continuing defense cutbacks (the airforce being a
>squadron of spotty teenagers flying paper aeroplanes and the navy
>some toy boats in the Prime Minister's bath), New Zealand only has
>one more level of escalation, which is "Shit, I hope Austrulia will
>come end rescue us". In the event of invasion, New Zealanders will
>be asked to gather together in a strategic defensive position called "Bondi".

New Zealanders don't use their baths for having baths, so might be
true.  They always shower, which is why supermarkets have such
extensive deodorant sections.

But the weather's nice down here now.  Lovely sunny morning, slight
breeze.  And we now have the equivalent of a Conservative
government.  So yah-boo to all back home, still freezing and still
stuck with Gordon.

Regards,
David