[wdvltalk-social] timed content php [also to dev-talk]

Christina Lannen chris at lannendesigns.com
Fri Feb 26 13:44:18 GMT 2010

1.  If you can't do it in the WordPress Admin (can't remember at what
version you could do that) you'll have to manually upgrade it (FTP).  Follow
the instructions over at wordpress.org.

Who are you hosted with?  Do they use Fantastico or some other installer
system?  IMPORTANT:  You may not be able to do a manual upgrade depending on
what they use to do the autoinstaller.  If that is the case I would
recommend installing WP into a different subdirectory, and then adjust the
wp-config.php file to match the autoinstaller (database name, password,
user, db host).

2 & 3:  Okay.

4.  I think you did Settings, General and not Settings, Reading.

5.  You can't do subdomains off of a single WP install and have it work.
You'll have to have multiple installs of WP.  I'd recommend using Pages with
Subpages.

Chris