[wdvltalk-social] OT Wordpress - Christina

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Fri Oct 30 11:36:10 GMT 2009

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser. On the White Gold theme I wanted to change the banner colour, and so painted over in Serif Photo-plus, since PS was sulking, and saved in the prior format - png. Now the image won't open in anything at all!!!

My assumption is there is some sort of spoiler script to preserve the purity, even though none of the files are protected against writing. Or there is some special variant of png format used in Wordpress. Though neither of these convince me.

I'm checking this kind of problem on three browsers. [Cache seems not to be a problem.] I've worked with EasyPHP [though on the other machine] long enough to know it is reliable, and really have only the ongoing problem that both machines are aging [in computer terms] and lack adequate memory and disc space.

If this leads to any thoughts I'd be glad to hear them; but I'm really doing only basic things and I don't think these problems should be occurring. That's in the sense that nothing else has otherwise flagged up a difficulty like bad image saving.

White Gold has only one style sheet, and the other did it all on forms - I didn't investigate further there because that one had so many files and stylesheets that the time loss would have been too much.

Christina, have you ever tried to change the post heading (title) colour? Why should that not work?

Joseph

Joseph Harris  -  Debt Control Man
author: Control Your Debt Crisis on Your Own Terms
blog: http://debtcontrolman.wordpress.com
http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk
debt dictionary: http://www.controlyourdebtcrisis.co.uk/debtwiki/

From: "Cheryl D Wise"