[wdvltalk-social] Cricket

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Tue Mar 3 23:51:57 GMT 2009

I think you are right and right. This is devastating in many
ways, but the underlying insecurity in the area is known;
Pakistan is on the brink of breakdown - with nuclear weapons
in their hands the implications are, er, awkward.

How far India can improve its security is an unknown, given
the endemic corruption [it was that, after all, more than
conquest that allowed Brit influence to expand in the
sub-continent].

NZ and Oz might have to work together ;-) on this to control
the risk. But nowhere is actually safe against such actions,
and I would not say there is guarantee of safety here,
either.

Following the Stanford Singeing I suspect the cricket
masters will assume everyone wants to cosset players, rather
than cock a snook. With so much cash value in players it may
be a commercial decision too.

Perhaps we will settle back into the dozy corner where
cricket belongs ;-).

Joseph

From: "michael ensor"