[wdvltalk-social] Cricket

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Tue Mar 3 14:17:03 GMT 2009

<sigh> I am too young for all this complexity...

> 1. I don't believe that that was a way to avoid defeat in
> a test match.

If we are talking about the same match I see no point in a
declaration when the match was ended anyway!

> 2. I don't believe that the various sectarian factions in
> three countries
> would ever do this

As you well know cricket is a game of good sports where
bodyline bowling never returned [a rose by any other name
smells just as much]

> 3. It is totally wrong to speculate, but there is only one
> group who are
> so thick [ ie a religious right ] in that area , and that
> is the Taliban......

But the Taliban are not good sports, are they?

Is there not also a smell of money around the game these
days? Not to mention the Indian Gamblers League.