[wdvltalk-social] Michael - if you are still about...

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Thu Feb 26 00:25:37 GMT 2009

;-) Watching legal discussions is fun! Everyone is very
sensitive though to risks of Big Brother state, and there is
a move to control....

The net, being a publication platform, faces all the
dilemmas of print publication, and is probably more akin to
newspapers than books. Amazon has shown how that can work
for the retailer, but the retailer also becomes publisher;
and that has its hazard, as the social sites are aware ;-).

But defining any of this to even understand how to control
it all seems distant; that I think he succeeded in pointing
out. On the other hand from copyright protection - in any IP
area - the need to be able to have some way to prevent
breach has become the most difficult of all. The biggest
problem in this so far is the attempted Googlesteal!

Joseph

From: "michael ensor"