[wdvltalk-social] Internet connection

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Sat May 17 10:31:52 BST 2008

Strange happenings on my desk.

Problem:  Neither IE [all bow down] nor firefox [another bloody update?] nor Opera [that voice is driving me mad] are getting onto the internet via broadband [which they all did happily yesterday];  but OE, blithely unaware of this apparent strike, is doing so.   While Windows diagnostic tells me there is a wire unplugged, even though it shows accessed the router.

The machine is connected to the same switch as another computer which is accessing the net without demur.

Has anyone an idea what is happening - this happens often and seems to be briefly corrected by a restart and sometimes by switchng switch connections around.   Is it port connections, unstable files or drunken gremlins?

Joseph [Hey, Michael, is there a test match on ;-)]