[wdvltalk-social] scanner, it's a wierd life

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Thu Jul 10 15:23:44 BST 2008

I have been unable to use my scanner for a while, and am trying to decide if it is kaput, or if something else is amiss.   The computer always finds 'new hardware' but whatever program i try to get a scan with declares 'hardware not found'.    The print button on the scanner has no effect.

The light comes on, now, seemingly, only when I replug the power.   But no action appears.   I have installed, reinstalled,  repaired and downloaded an up to date Razer driver also.

The machine is a Xerox 2400, cheap, light and cheerful USB.   And yes i have moved that about.   I suspect the mechanics have gone the way of all things, but wonder if there is another simple possibility...

Any thoughts?

Joseph Harris