[wdvltalk-social] OT ;-) Can't upload to localhost

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Mon Jul 7 16:21:26 BST 2008

From: "Matthew Macdonald-Wallace"
> Quoting joseph harris <smilepoet at vfemail.net>:
>>
>> Now all I have to do is remember how to make tables...
>
> I'm guessing you've got phpmyadmin or similar installed as part
> of
> easyPHP.  If so, use that.
>
> IF you haven't start the MySQL client and execute the following
> (replace WPDB with the name of the database you want to
> create):
>
> CREATE DATABASE WPDB;
>
> GRANT ALL PRIVILIGES ON WPDB.* TO username at localhost IDENTIFIED
> BY 'password';
>
> (replace the username and password above as well!)
>
> go to your WordPress installation and run the installer
>
> :o)
>
> M.
> --
> Matthew Macdonald-Wallace

I am beyond gobsmacked!

I started following your instructions, but came across Wp
insructions about passwords.   I have spent hours extricating
myself from whatever didn't, wouldn't or couldn't work...

Now, battered, bruised and bowed, having managed to get back to
your instructions, I have the dashboard.   And I more or less
remember some of the detail from last time.   Done properly this
seemed - finally - easier!

Thanks Matt.   Excuse me while I bang my head against the wall.

Joseph