[wdvltalk-social] camera video jack to usb cable problem

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sun Aug 31 15:26:33 BST 2008

Quoting joseph harris <smilepoet at vfemail.net>:

> I have an ancient [Aiptek 3mega] camera with video abilitity. I
> never had or have lost the cable which links via jack to the camera
> and usb to the computer. I can download video as AVI through the
> still pic cable. I want to use the camera as a live pick up.
>
> I cannot find a cable that has this. Can I a) change one jack [I
> have a double jack cable that links to audio input but sends the
> computer into paroxisms!] to USB, or b) find an adapter that turns
> the jack into usb?

What's the connection on the cable that you have got?

If it's Co-Axial (also known as RF), then you might be able to pick up
a TV-Tuner/ video editing card that allows you to stream data in from
the camera.

Converting to USB may be an issue, but if you can let me know what the
connection is, I'll see if I can solve the issue.

Cheers,

M.

--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace