[wdvltalk-social] Imprint title - help requested

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Sun Aug 10 15:54:33 BST 2008

This may be a rather strange request for the list, but I am searching around for inspiration and I feel ideas are dancing just out of reach.

I had settled on 'Don't Panic Books' as an imprint for books
dealing with grim situations that could be recovered. A Domain search ealry this year indicated the .co.uk name was available. However I now find it was registered last year, and is for a new bookshop named Don't Panic. Apart from any isisues of rights I,and I am sure they, would not welcome the confusion.

I can't find anything yet that follows Idiot's and Dummies'
series in a way that does not have a load of other connotations.

My thoughts are focussing on:

Order Out of Chaos
But this seems more like an Astro Physics series

Noob Success Books
But this has more of a business start up implication

Take Control Books or
Get in Control Books

And I did toy with
Dumb Blonde Guides
But even if I could avoid the pc problems it is more suited to a jokey series.

The first book in the series is Control Your Debt Crisis on Your Own Terms, which is specifically for England and Wales,  and is a step by step instruction to ensuring all rights are observed by the creditors. [The UK (largely in obedience to EU decisions) has developed rather kinder laws to debtors than in the US.]

Any thoughts will be welcome.

Joseph