[wdvltalk-social] ethenet link problem

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Tue Apr 15 16:39:11 BST 2008

Quoting joseph harris <smilepoet at vfemail.net>:

> There are moments when I am convinced I live in a parallel world
> and no one can hear me scream...
>
> Right - one access point, two computers;   is there a divider so
> both computers can access the line through this one point?   I
> look in vain on the net, in wikipedia, in magazines, aye even
> into the heavens above [but they're still on dial up].

You've got a choice between a network hub/switch:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132456

and plugging the computers into each port with another cable going to
your ADSL router

_OR_

If you haven't got an ADSL router:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132455

Plug the Phone-line into one socket, the computers in to two more and
bingo! you're ready to go...

Cheers,

M.

--