[wdvltalk-social] creative commons joins the real world.........

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Tue Sep 25 09:36:56 BST 2007

From: "michael ensor"
> Creative Commons sued for deception»
> Hey! What's wrong with our Sharecropping license?
> A Texan family has been handed a harsh lesson in what the
> Creative Commons "movement" really means for creatives who use
> its
> licenses.…
>
> http://go.theregister.com/feed/www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/24/creative_commons_deception/

To my credit I have a large body of spitting invective at Lessig
lovers and the Creative Commons goofs, whoe object is precisely
to use without permission other people's copyright work.   I got
so angry over the precise copyright issuethat the list owner set
up a new list purely for that!!!!!

Prof Lessig always seems to me a pompous ass who has little idea
of what he is doing in this field and is now consulting with the
world body on the extension of Creative Commons ideas.   I
wonder, though have had little interest in chasing it, whether
his professional writings are creative commons or good old
'copyright'.   You have two chances to guess wrong  ;-).

As for Branson and Virgin - I would comment but fear melting the
electronics...

Joseph