[dancer-users] How to add application-specific config values to config.yml? and the environments/* files?

Jason A. Crome jason at crome-plated.com
Mon Feb 8 21:10:20 EST 2021

I am going to guess I am missing something obvious you are trying to do, but why can't you do this:

myapp:
    url: http://galaxy.com
    token: 42

in any config file in your Dancer2 application?  I'll do this in config.yml if I have settings across all environments, in config_local.yml for settings I don't add to version control, and in my environment yaml files when such settings are environment specific. Put that in any config file and you can simply use config->{ myapp }{ url }, etc. in your Dancer2 app.

I feel like I am missing what you are trying to do somehow. Let me know.
Jason

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021, at 4:00 PM, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> e.g. My applications uses some external system and I'd like to read its URL and the token I need to access it from some config file.
>
> I looked at the generated config files, and the only solution I could come up with is to put it under "plugins" like this:
>
> plugins:
>   MyApp:
>       url: http://galaxy.com/
>       token: 42