[dancer-users] DPAE logging

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Tue Jun 13 06:06:59 BST 2017

On 06/13/2017 03:23 AM, Nathan Bailey wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I'm trying to work out why my permission_denied_page_handler isn't working in Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible.
>
> However, as a separate problem I get none of DPAE's logging messages.
>
> If I write:
>        app->log(core => "Testing 1..2..3..");
> in my app, this message doesn't appear anywhere in my log files. Where should it be going/appearing?

Core is the log level meant to use for messages from Dancer core. It will only show in the logs if you
set

log: core

in your configuration.

For development messages like the above are I recommend to use debug log level.

You can also use the "debug" keyword:

debug "Testing 1..2..3..";

Regards
            Racke

> Note that this is true whether I use 'logger: File' or 'logger: LogReport'
>
> thanks,
> Nathan
> PS: Pertinent to the original problem, if I dump app, I can see that permission_denied_page_handler /has/ been set to
> MyApp::permission_denied_page_handler but the subroutine in MyApp.pm never gets called.

Debian and Sympa administration.