[dancer-users] Dancer2 0.200000 is finally out!

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Wed Jun 1 15:49:40 BST 2016

On 06/01/2016 04:28 PM, Niels Larsen wrote:
> Dancer maintainers,
>
> Is Dancer2 now recommended for "production" usage over
> Dancer1? I could never find a clear statement about it. The
> perldancer.org has a Dancer2 download button, yet its code
> examples says "use Dancer". No statement about it on the
> cpan pages either, or I apologize if there is. I think it should
> be right at the front, so new users pick right one. Good to
> see Dancer2 being improved and robustified.

For my purposes, the plugin revamp killed the last roadblock
to "production ready".

So yes, Dancer2 is recommended. You are pointing out correctly
that the website and Dancer1 POD needs to be updated to reflect
this.

> Anyone know a Dancer2 based project that successfully
> integrated the Stripe or Braintree payment systems?
>
> Niels L

Well, I wrote https://github.com/interchange/Business-OnlinePayment-Braintree
which is used by a number of people, so please drop me a line if you need
help in this regards.

Regards
          Racke

Please visit our 3rd Perl Dancer Conference 2016 in Vienna: https://www.perl.dance/.