[dancer-users] Specific subroutines cannot be exported from plugin

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Sat Jul 30 07:22:46 BST 2016

Hi there,

I just got back looking at a Dancer application and noticed

use Dancer2::Plugin::Passphrase qw(passphrase);

now throws an exception

"Specific subroutines cannot be exported from plugin"

I see it mentioned a year and a half ago:
https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer2/issues/1078#issuecomment-167605120

Then I saw this comment:
"The new (soon to be released) Dancer2::Plugin code no longer allows
subroutine import list to be supplied when plugin is used."
https://github.com/ironcamel/Dancer2-Plugin-DBIC/pull/13#issue-124093181

I think explicitly stating what functions I would like to import from a
module is a very useful tool for documenting code even if that module only
exports a single function.

So I wonder what is the logic behind this decision? Has that been explained
somewhere where I could educate myself?

regards
   Gabor