[dancer-users] tt tags

Kadir Beyazlı kadirbeyazli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 22:53:01 GMT 2016

Hi Andrew,

I completely debugged TemplateToolkit.pm. There is change at this file
but this is not the reason of my problem
I tried several things and found problem!

At config.yml I have following definitions, template toolkit
parameters do not work!

template: "template_toolkit"
engines:
  template:
    template_toolkit:
      start_tag: '<%'
      end_tag:   '%>'

session: YAML
engines:
  session:
    YAML:
      session_dir: /home/kadir/dancer-sessions

But when I change their place (session definition first), it works:

session: YAML
engines:
  session:
    YAML:
      session_dir: /home/kadir/dancer-sessions

template: "template_toolkit"
engines:
  template:
    template_toolkit:
      start_tag: '<%'
      end_tag:   '%>'

I also Dumped config and realized that anything is not known defined
before session. It is strange to me.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 12:46 AM, Andrew Beverley <andy at andybev.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-01-19 at 00:06 +0200, Kadir Beyazlı wrote:
>>    [KB] I know that start and end tags of template toolkit can be
>> defined at config.yml but my problem is that .tt file does not accept
>> the tags I defined at config.yml. I defined as follow.
>>
>>  template: "template_toolkit"
>> engines:
>>   template:
>>     template_toolkit:
>>       start_tag: '<%'
>>       end_tag:   '%>'
>>
>> And at .tt file I use as follow :
>>
>> <% order %>
>>
>> But .tt file is still accepting '[%' and '%]'.
>
> I can only think that your config files is not being read properly or it
> is being overwritten when multiple configs are merged. Try dumping the
> entire config in your app and seeing what it contains ("print Dumper
> config" or similar).
>
>> upgraded Dancer2 from 061 to 066 and this occurred.
>
> I've just tried with 0.166 and it's working for me. You could also try
> creating a new app:
>
>   dancer2 -a myapp
>
> then un-commenting the TT config in the generated config.yml
>
> If that works, then you have an error in your app somewhere, most likely
> in the config parsing/compilation.
>
> Andy

Kadir Beyazlı
Computer Engineer