[dancer-users] Dancer2 deployment

Hermann Calabria hermann at ivouch.com
Tue Nov 24 21:02:40 GMT 2015

At iVouch, we used Starman for several months, but ran into problems with
processes that wouldn't terminate gracefully and pile on top of each other,
causing eventual memory overruns.  I know many folks here recommend Starman,
but in a heavy production environment, Starman caused too many problems for
us.  So we switched to uWSGI and haven't looked back since... uWSGI is an
amazing piece of software, and is well-supported and continuously updated
because a lot of Python-based apps use it.  It also happens to support
Perl/PSGI applications out of the box, which is what drew us to it.

https://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

On top of uWSGI, we run nginx to offload the static asset load, handle SSL,
resolve redirects, etc.

The combination is dreamy; we've done extensive load testing and it all
works super well and super fast.  It took several weeks to fine-tune
everything, and if there's interest, I'd be happy to post our "recipe" for
deploying D1 on uWSGI on nginx.