[dancer-users] Dancer2 and HTTPS

breno garu at cpan.org
Fri Jan 16 19:30:34 GMT 2015

Hi there,

Usually, when you deploy your app, you use some sort of proxy in front of
it (like Apache or nginx), and such proxy is the one responsible for HTTPS.
If you want to serve HTTPS directly from your perl web server (such as
Starman) all it takes is pass the appropriate functions to either "starman"
or "start_server", for example:

starman --enable-ssl --ssl-key=/path/to/key.pem
--ssl-cert=/path/to/cert.pem --workers=10 bin/my_app.pl

And the server will start with HTTPS - no need to change a single line in
your Dancer app :)

Cheers,

garu