[dancer-users] Recent Perl 5.8 compatibility breakage: mro

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 16 15:58:39 BST 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 01:41:06PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 01:33:07PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
>
> > By walking back through the versions, it appears this breakage was
> > introduced in 1.3126.  Unfortunately, there was no announcement on the
> > list for 1.3.126, so I can't guess what change required this.
>
> https://metacpan.org/diff/file?target=YANICK/Dancer-1.3126/&source=YANICK/Dancer-1.3125/
>
> isn't very helpful in this case, but it's a good place to start when
> trying to figger out stuff like this.
>
> 'git blame' says it appeared in
> https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer/commit/53a8276 which ended up in
> https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer/tree/v1.3120, whose changelog leads
> us to https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer/pull/974.
>
> So it's a test to see if stuff works when mro Stuff has been turned on
> outside Dancer.

Excellent detective work. :-)

And yeah, there was this new test, and then I did the massive
switch to dzilla. One of the plugins I'm using is AutoPrereqs,
and unfortunately a few bogus dependencies slipped in. Apologies
for that, and with the release of yesterday, I think things should
be alright now.

Well, *most* things. There is still issue 1068, where monkeyswitching
YAML to YAML::XS proved to cause issues with the new merging of
configurations. A fix for that should be issued in the next
few days.

Joy,
`/anick