[dancer-users] Recent Perl 5.8 compatibility breakage: mro

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Sep 16 13:41:06 BST 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 01:33:07PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:

> By walking back through the versions, it appears this breakage was
> introduced in 1.3126.  Unfortunately, there was no announcement on the
> list for 1.3.126, so I can't guess what change required this.

https://metacpan.org/diff/file?target=YANICK/Dancer-1.3126/&source=YANICK/Dancer-1.3125/

isn't very helpful in this case, but it's a good place to start when
trying to figger out stuff like this.

'git blame' says it appeared in
https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer/commit/53a8276 which ended up in
https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer/tree/v1.3120, whose changelog leads
us to https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer/pull/974.

So it's a test to see if stuff works when mro Stuff has been turned on
outside Dancer.

      Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups