[dancer-users] Serving big static and private files

Russell Jenkins russell.jenkins at strategicdata.com.au
Mon Mar 10 05:57:15 GMT 2014

On 10/03/2014 3:56 pm, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> I am not sure how to do this when the files are served directly by nginx.
>
> Is there a solution? Any recommendations?
Hey Garbor,

Have a look at nginx's support for the X-Accel-Redirect header.

Your Dancer app returns a response with this header set which nginx then
(internally) redirects to the local file rather than than stuffing the
file content into Dancer's response.

A quick Google search shows up a Catalyst advent calendar entry that
should give an overview of how this works;
http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2009/16

Hope that helps,
    Russell.