[dancer-users] Dancer2 + Dist::Zilla

Jens Rehsack rehsack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:07:58 BST 2014

Hi,

Intro:

As David and Leon recommended, I give Dist::Zilla as authoring tool a chance ;)

We (read: Florian guided by me) create a service monitor for an embedded device. This service monitor needs to be cross-compiled (sounds trivially in case of a Perl module and is for sure easier than for a Go software - but not plain copy) to become part of a compressed, read-only rootfs.

"dzil build" / "dzil release" (w/o pause info) creates a smooth tarball which includes every nice bit we want to deploy (even public, scripts and views).

Question:

The Makefile.PL (and the resulting Makefile) in the distfile doesn't care about public and views.
How can dzil be pleased to generate a Makefile.PL caring about those directories?

(I thought better ask before reverse-engineer D::Z::P::ShareDir ^^)

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack
rehsack at gmail.com