[dancer-users] Dancer2::Template::Mason2

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Sep 30 19:18:28 BST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Slavik Goltser <slavikg at gmail.com> wrote:

> there is already a Dancer::Template::Mason, this plugin is intended to be
> a Dancer2 module.

Sure, I know, but I'm saying that the name should be
Dancer2::Template::Mason not Dancer2::Template::Mason2, because the
template system is called Mason, not Mason2.

> data_dir ... I followed the original module closely, will take a look to
> see what happens when it isn't there.

I think in the situation less is more. The less you add as semantics to
your layer, the less documentation one needs to know how D2::T::Mason will
work, because you can say "just look at Mason defaults".

Besides, there is no good data_dir default to use. Your suggestion about
using comp_root/data is not good because with shared perl installs you
might not even have permissions to write there. The default data_dir
doesn't have that problem.

> thank you for taking a look.

No problem. I'm still using a git submodule to have my own
Dancer2::Template::Mason module, so having this on CPAN will make my life
easier.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo