[dancer-users] What about a "use Dancer :config"?

Cymon cymon.ML at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 21:30:01 BST 2013

Hi all,

I was a little puzzled when I saw the "Use Dancer :syntax" disappear in
the 0.007 release.
I thought that a less powerful Dancer inclusion was needed as the "Use
Dancer" create an App in every package is used.
Thinking about it I realized that probably it's a matter of "code
discipline" (tell me if I'm wrong). The right way to do things is not
importing "a part" of Dancer environment, but passing the $dsl object
when needed, so I accepted that.

Even so, I think that there's a case when a "light" dancer import is
needed and it is when you need to use some configuration you have in
the config.yml that should be the master configuration file for
everything in your project (in my idea).

So I was wondering if it could be useful to add a "Use Dancer :config"
way to import Dancer just to make the config keyword accessible,
without creating an App.

What do you think about this?

--
Simone "Cymon" Faré