[dancer-users] Dancer2 pull-requests policy

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 15:21:09 GMT 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:04:55 +0200
Punter <punter at punter.gr> wrote:

> Could we make it a policy to respond to every pull request made to
> the Dancer2 code base?
>
> I have 3 unmerged pull requests there, from 17, 22, and 25 days ago.
>
> I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong, or whether I'm
> just being ignored together with everyone else.

You're certainly not being ignored intentionally.  I, for one, have
been rather busy lately, both with work and personal stuff, and haven't
had much time to spend on Dancer development or maintenance; I believe
the situation is similar for the other core devs.

However, I've been meaning to find some more time to dedicate, and will
make even more of an effort to do so.

I plan to review every pull request pending on Dancer2 this evening,
and merge all those which I'm sure are good; for anything else, I'll
poke the rest of the team and get a consensus.

I assume you're @akarelas on GitHub?

> I would like to know that for every pull request I make, both the
> past and the ones I will make in the future. Therefore I would like
> it to become a policy, that Dancer2 maintainers view and respond
> (positively, or negatively with an explanation) to every one of our
> pull requests.

It is an expected policy already - there's no guarantee of timescales,
though, as all of us work on Dancer in our own personal time.

One thing I have been planning for myself is to write a "GitHub
nagger", which emails me daily with details of outstanding issues /
pull requests on all my repos - if I find the tuits to write such a
thing (or find one someone else has already made, it wouldn't surprise
me if such a thing exists already :)) I will point it at the Dancer &
Dancer2 repos, too, and have it poke us regularly :)

On behalf of the rest of the team & I, thanks for your contributions,
and please don't feel you're being purposefully ignored - I can assure
you that's absolutely not the case.

Cheers

Dave P

--