[dancer-users] Dancer1/2 plugin interoperability

Jashank Jeremy jashank at rulingia.com
Mon Mar 4 23:59:35 GMT 2013

Well, I spoke too soon; my question showed up on IRC about six minutes
after I posted.  For the record, to answer my own questions:

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 10:35:18PM +1100, Jashank Jeremy wrote:
>What's the situation regarding plugin interoperability between D1 and 2?

Plugins have to be supported on both major releases.

>If I were to grab a D1 plugin (e.g. Dancer::Plugin::Auth::Extensible)
>and add it into my shiny new D2 app, will it work?  Will it catch fire?
>Moreover, _should_ it work?

No, it won't work, and no, it shouldn't work.

According to racke, interoperability between Dancer::Plugin and
Dancer2::Plugin is too complicated and not much gain -- although
technically, it _is_ possible to do (as shumphrey suggested) using some
magic in a BEGIN block to check the definedness of $Dancer2::VERSION.

~jashank

--
Jashank Jeremy
PGP: 0x25A5C309