[dancer-users] Using Dancer2 as a website framework

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Sat Aug 24 11:28:41 BST 2013

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:21:29 +0200
Greg Kempe <gregkempe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm deliberately trying to avoid a language flame war. Rather, I'm
> evaluating based on the size and maturity of the User Experience/UI
> section of the Perl community. Dancer seems well placed for API
> servers, but the web dev communities seem to be focused around Ruby,
> Python, Node etc. which is making me lean toward option (2) above. Is
> that a reasonable evaluation?

Don't conflate front-end and back-end technologies.

Dancer will make writing the back-end parts trivially easy; and make it
easy to do the front-end however you like (simple and easy templating
support, etc).

Your choice of back-end framework needn't have much to do with how you
develop the front end.

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter