[dancer-users] Phasing out "devel" branch on Dancer 2

sawyer x xsawyerx at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 21:39:09 BST 2013

Hi everyone!

Following a small comment in the last release announcement, we're working
on phasing out the "devel" branch (akin to "develop" branch elsewhere) on
the Dancer 2 Git repo.

The purpose of this change is to make it easier to contribute to Dancer 2,
and to make it easier for us to manage it and release it.

We're keeping the branch for now, but switched the main branch to "master".
If you're starting a new pull request, basing your changes on "master"
would be appreciated. If not, we'll work it out, don't worry about it.

If you've submitted work rebased on the "devel" branch, we will create a
new branch on "master" and cherry-pick your work on that, and then merge it
back to master.

We will not remove the branch for at least a few months to allow forks to
become synced with the change.

Either way, you should never fear to submit changes. Our policy remains the
same: *any contribution via any channel is accepted and encouraged*.
Patches, email notes, IRC messages, commits against "master", "devel" or
any other branch. We're open to any contribution form.

Have a great week,
Sawyer.