[Dancer-users] Dancer 2 and skeleton dir

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Sun Oct 14 07:24:44 CEST 2012

On 10/13/2012 07:39 PM, sawyer x wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke)
> <racke at linuxia.de>wrote:
>
>> On 10/12/2012 05:07 PM, David Precious wrote:
>>

>>> Since Dancer2 uses Config::Any, so they could use any of a variety of
>>> config file formats, I expect that bit can just be removed.
>>>

> Yup. Just "use YAML" or "use Config::Any";
> It would probably be better to actually lazily load "JSON" or whatever to
> write the configuration file with the requested format and die if it fails.
> That way it's like "if you got Config::INI, we'll be able to write you an
> .ini config".
>

>> I suppose we have to start with ONE configuration file format for
>> Dancer::Script
>> though. IMHO new users don't want to decide about the format and such.
>

> New users might not, but experienced users already asked for the ability to
> work with different file formats for the configuration file. Jason Crome
> had done the proper work on supporting Config::Any in reading the
> configuration file. It has been merged.

Experienced users could use the proper commandline switches once we fully
ported dancer script to D2.

I started that project here:

https://github.com/racke/dancer2/tree/topic/dancer_script

This is still in the early stages, but at least it runs and produces a
few files 8-).

It bails out with the following error:

no template found for Test/MANIFEST.SKIP at /home/racke/dancer/core/lib/Dancer/Script.pm line 313, <DATA> line 998.

But this bug is inherited from the Dancer 1 / gnusosa-script code.

Regards
         Racke

Interchange Development Team