[Dancer-users] Masking warnings with eval/try in development mode?

Assaf Gordon gordon at cshl.edu
Fri Oct 12 22:51:39 CEST 2012

Hello,

I'm working on a website, currently in 'development' mode.
The config has "warnings: 1", meaning "treat warnings as critical errors", which is what I want 99% of the time.

However,
there's one place were I want to try something that might fail, and proceed without stopping the dancer application.

Something like:

===
get '/foobar' => sub
{
   my $ok;
   eval {
      do_something_that_might_fail();
      $ok = 1;
   };
   template 'foobar', { ok => $ok } ;
};
===

However, in development mode with "warnings: 1", the "do_something" die()s and the dancer application stops with the standard HTTP 500 page with the stack trace.

I don't want to turn "warnings" off, but I want to be able to mask this specific warning.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
 -gordon