[Dancer-users] Logging and "info"

Ovid curtis_ovid_poe at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 16:37:58 CEST 2012

Pull request submitted:
https://github.com/sukria/Dancer/pull/765

The only open question is this bit in Dancer::Logger::Abstract:

    my $levels = {

        # levels < 0 are for core only
        core => -10,

        # levels > 0 are for end-users only
        debug   => 1,
        warn    => 2,
        warning => 2,
        error   => 3,
        info    => 4,
    };

I put info at level 4 under the premise that these messages should always be in the logs. I am using this branch at work and so far it works fine.

Full docs and tests included.

Also, in Dancer.pm, the list of FUNCTIONS (https://metacpan.org/module/Dancer#FUNCTIONS) is huge and could stand to have some organization. For example, the debug, warning, error and info log functions could stand to be grouped under a "Logging Functions" label. I did not bother to do this because if some are grouped, everything should be grouped and I don't yet know Dancer well enough to know all of of the logical groupings. Plus, I have a day job :)

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Live and work overseas - http://overseas-exile.blogspot.com/