[Dancer-users] Dancer-Boilerplate

Assaf Gordon gordon at cshl.edu
Tue Jul 3 06:10:12 CEST 2012

On 07/02/2012 10:56 PM, Assaf Gordon wrote:

> I guess this is a trade-off between having a lean&mean template, that's easy to start working with and doesn't have any bloat,
> or a full-blown examples of many bootstrap/dancer interactions (like nav-bar, forms, etc.).
>
> I do like they idea of having many *working* examples of bootstrap + dancer, where one can just copy&paste them and have it working (bootstrap, IMHO, is notorious with bad examples - and even the mojo website doesn't have it working properly :) ).

Here's a first shot at it (available in https://github.com/agordon/dancer_bootstrap_fontawesome_template), and usable here: http://cowbell.cancan.cshl.edu/dispatch.cgi/simple_form .

Everytime we have another good working example of Dancer+bootstrap, we can simply add the Dancer code in ./lib/examples and the templates in ./views/examples .

I would prefer to keep the examples focused - each module demonstrates one thing (e.g. navbar + login) - so that it'll be easy for a user who wants to use one component to find just the relevant code.

-gordon